Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Division: Sharing or Grouping

I love math!  One of the big reasons I wanted to move back to 3rd grade is because I miss teaching math that goes beyond counting, addition and subtraction.  I miss teaching about multiplication and division.  It's one of the things I am most looking forward to when I move up to 3rd grade next year.  I created this task card sorting and solving activity that has to do with the types of division.  This is a fun game that the students can do that has them reading different division problems. Then they have to decide whether or not it is a sharing problem or a grouping problem.  Once they've sorted then they can solve the problems on a recording sheet.  Here's some pictures. I know it's too late to use this activity this year but I look forward to trying it next year.





4 comments:

  1. This is really good. Do you have a full copy on TPT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was wondering where the full copy of this is or how I am able to get/buy a copy of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I get the full activity?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful activity! I wonder where I can get/buy a copy of the full activity.

    ReplyDelete